Dec 13, 2020
Talking parenting and Megan’s (Twice) Exceptional
Today I’m speaking with Megan about parenting twice-exceptional
children and the very important community we need around us as
In the episode you’ll hear:
- Megan’s journey of uncovering her son’s giftedness and twice
- The challenges of parenting 2e children – those intense melt
- How praise and perfectionism are big challenges
- How intense anxiety is a daily struggle
- Why we all need a community to support us
Hit play and let’s get started!
- “I remember thinking something isn’t quite right here. As
he grew up, he continued to have massive meltdowns, big, big
multiple hour-long meltdowns over tiny things.”
- “If it’s not me that is going to support my child 100% and
understand them as well as I can then who else is going to?”
- “Who is my child? Meet him where he is, this is what he is
capable of right now.” – Megan
- “In the past year where I have had this new awakening to
him and his needs, my relationship has flourished, he trusts me.
Our relationship has this new understanding.” –
- “We have had a great year and I think that’s due to my
patience with him and my demeanor. I want to understand him and
connect with him.” – Megan
- “Giftedness is not easy and there is a real myth that
gifted kids are just a breeze. They are amazing but it’s also
really challenging as a parent.” -Sophia
- “Finding other people was a game-changer for me.” -
Subscribe & Review
If you enjoyed this episode and it inspired you in some way, I’d
love to hear about your biggest takeaway in the comments.
For more episodes, you can subscribe and to help others find our
podcast please leave a review.
You can find show notes and more resources at
See you in the same place next week.
Connect with me on LinkedIn